|VOICES WEST: COWBOY SONG SECTION|
Dale - Dunn
This page http://www.cowboysong.com/songs/songsd1.html
[Homepage] [Introduction] [Cowboy Poetry] [Postcards] [Sex in the West]
* Indicates from the collection of Alan V. Miller
* Dale Hunter's, the yo9deling cowboy, collection of hill billy and cowboy songs. Chicago: Chart Music Publishing House, 1934. 50 p. 32 songs."Blues and yodel songs
Songs complete for voice and piano with
Guitar, banjo and ukulele chords".
Damon, S. Foster. Series of old American songs. Providence, RI: Brown University, 1936.
* Darling, Denver; Conn, Ira Francis; Horton, Vaughn. The letter you forgot to write. New York: Northern Music, 1947. 3 p.
Cover: Recorded on Decca Records, no.46060, by Denver Darling.
* Darling, Denver; Conn, Ira Francis; Horton, Vaughn. The letter you forgot to write. New York: Northern Music, 1947. 3 p. Cover: Recorded on Decca Records by Denver Darling.
* Dash's song and dance album. London: Irwin Dash, no.6, 1935. 46 p.
* Dave Minor's collection of Karl and Harty's fireside songs, music for everyone. Chicago: Dave Minor Co., 1936. 64 p.
* David, Mack. Sunflower. Sydney, Australia: Chappell and Co., 1948. 2 p. Copyright Famous Music Corp, New York.
* Davis, Jimmie; Tillman, Floyd. It makes no difference now. New York: Southern Music, 1939. 2 p. Cover: Featured by Wilf Carter.
* Davis, Jimmie; Wayne, Lou. Sweethearts or strangers. New York: Peer International (Southern Music), 1941. 2 p. Cover: Featured by Jimmie Davis.
* Davis, Jimmie; Whelan, Ekko; Blastic, Lee. There's a new moon over my shoulder . Toronto: Canadian Music Sales, 1944.  p. Cover: Tex Ritter.
Delmore Brothers' folio of Native American melodies. Folio no.1. Hollywood, CA: American Music Co., c1939. 20 songs
Delmore Brothers' folio of Native American melodies. Folio no.2. Hollywood, CA: American Music Co., c1939. 20 songs
Delmore Brothers' song folio: exclusively on King Records. Cincinnati: Lois Publishing, c1950.
* Deluxe edition of famous original Red Foley's cowboy songs, mountain ballads. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, 1940. 95 p. Ill. 91 songs.
Deluxe edition of Rusty Gill cowboy songs, mountain ballads. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, 1941.
* Denver Darling's Western album of home and country songs. New York: Bourne Inc., 1946. 47 p. Ill.
* De Voll, Cal. Cabin in the hills. Chicago: Forster Music Publisher, 1930. Cover: Gene and Glenn. 5 p.
* Dexter, Al. I told my heart. Hollywood: Hill and Range Songs Inc., 1947. 2 p.
* Dexter, Al. Pistol packin' mama. Recorded by Al Dexter and his Troopers. New York: Edwin H. Morris and Co. 1943. 3 p.
* Dexter, Al. So long, pal. Recorded by Al Dexter and his Troopers. New York: Edwin H. Morris and Co. 1944. 3 p.
* Dick Foran's song folio number 1. Hollywood, CA: Cross Music Company, 1943. 48 p. Ill. 20 original western songs.
Dick Hart's roundup of song hits. No.2. New York: Dixie Music Publishing, 1945.
* Dick Todd selects America's favorite songs . New York: Southern Music Publishing, 1942. 56 p. See "Take me back to my boots and saddle."
* Doc Hopkins and His Country Boys: mountain songs, cowboy songs, home songs, western songs, sacred songs. Deluxe edition. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, 1945. 96 p. 82 songs.
* Doc Hopkins and Karl [Davis] and Harty [Taylor] of the Cumberland Ridgerunners: mountain ballads and home songs. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, 1936. 64 p. 53 songs.
* Doc Williams' dance folio. No.1. Wheeling, WV: Wheeling Music Co., 1952. Ill. 26 p. "All recorded best sellers." 12 songs.
* Dolan, Robert Emmett. The yodel blues. Words by Johnny Mercer. New York: Chappell and Co., 1949. 9 p.
* Don White (the Carolina Boy's) folio of western and hill country songs. No.1. Portland, OR: American Music Inc., 1939. 26 p. 20 songs.
* Donaldson, Walter. That's her - that's her: what did I tell ya? Lyrics by B.G. De Sylva. New York: Shapiro, Bernstein and Company, 1925. Cover: "Originally introduced by Salt and Pepper in the Shubert -Le Maire continental review "Gay Paree" at the Shubert Theatre, New York. 5 p.
* Down Homers deluxe edition. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, . 98 p. Ill. 75 songs.
Inside cover photograph: Down Homers and Sons of the Pioneers at Lone Star Ranch.
* Down Homers deluxe edition. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, . 98 p. Ill. 75 songs. Photo of Sons of the Pioneers.
* The Down Homers folio of original songs. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, 1942. 34 p. 18 songs. Cover: Everett “Shorty” Cook, Guy Campbell, Ginger Shannon, “Colorado” Bob Mason. 2008-06 $20 * The Down Homers folio of original songs. Chicago: M. M. Cole Publishing, 1942. 34 p. 18 songs. Variant cover, inside includes Ken Roberts and Lloyd Cornell.
* Down in the valley (Kentucky mountain song). Arranged by John W. Schaum. Rockville Centre, NY: Belwin, 1945. 5 p.
* Downes, Olin; Siegmeister, Elie. A treasury of American song. New York: Howell, Soskin and Co. 1940. 351 p. See: ch.9, p.226-245. "The old Chizzum Trail".
* Drifting Pioneers' song folio no.1. Portland, OR: American Music Inc., 1939. 51 p.
20 popular favorites, complete with words & music,
Guitar, ukulele & banjo chords.
Inside cover: photograph with Judy Dell.
Dubin, Alexander. Prairie Rose: cowboy intermezzo. ?: Morris, Silnutzer, Welsh and Wilsky, 1908.
"Dude" Martin's folio of original songs of the plains. No.1. Hollywood, CA: American Music Inc., 1939. 20 songs
Dugaw, Diane. Ozark folksongs. M.A. thesis, University of Colorado, 1973.
* Duke, Vernon. Cabin in the sky. Lyric by John Latouche. New York: Leo Feist, 1940. 5 p. From the movie: Cabin in the sky, starring Ethel Waters, Eddie "Rochester" Anderson, Lena Horne.
* Duke, Vernon. Taking a chance on love. Lyric by John Latouche and Ted Fetter. New York: Leo Feist, 1940. 5 p. From the movie: Cabin in the sky, starring Ethel Waters, Eddie "Rochester" Anderson, Lena Horne.
* Dunn, Allan; Stewart, H.J. Legends of Yosemite in song and story. Boston; New York; Chicago: White-Smith Music Publishing, 1910. 40 p. "Folk lore of the Ah-wah-nee-chee Indians, Yosemite Valley, California" [p.1]. Includes text, poems and music to 5 legends.
[Songs Introduction] [Contents] [Previous page] [Next page]
|"Whereof the shining goal was comradeship."|
|Contact owner: Alan V. Miller at email@example.com|
|Last revised: July 19, 2008|